That being said at 31 I have reached a point to where I know what I want. I have seen just about everything under the son when it comes to women and as much as I think there isn’t a perfect mate for anyone out there in this day and age I don’t believe in settling either.
I have a six year old son that I have had custody of most of the time since me and his mom split and truthfully if I’m gonna be with someone, I care much more about how they relate to him than me.
Of course I have needs and wants and a right to happiness as well. So as cynical as I have become about love I can’t be single forever so this is my list of the things I would need in a significant other.
Previously: Ladies Tell Us: What Nichelle Walker Wants In A Relationship
2. Acceptance- Any potential mate has to accept me for who I am, faults and all. I can’t begin to count how many different girls thought they could tame or change me. I have it in me to be faithful and I have been at times so she would have to put the insecurities she has behind her and let her be me. I can be around girls all day long and not cheat if I truly love the person I am with, but it is only gonna make me miserable to constantly question my every move. With the career paths that I have taken I am always gonna be around women and she can’t be threatened by it.
3. Loyalty - I have to be able to know in my heart that whoever I am with is gonna support me and my every move whether she agrees or disagrees. I also have to be able to trust that she has my back to the fullest and isn’t gonna let anybody else come between us. This was the only issue in my last relationship. She let the drama my miserable ex’s wanted to bring in our lives drive a wedge between us that we never overcame. I never cheated, never lied, but ultimately instead of it being us against the world she was bitter towards me because of actions that I didn’t do period.
4. The Sex - Some people can sit up here and act like sex isn’t everything and truth be told it’s not but there is no way that it can ever last if I am bored sexually. She can be the nicest girl in the world and worship the ground I walk on but if she can’t match my sex drive I’m gonna stray. Not the nicest thing in the world to say but the truth is the truth and that’s all I can give you.
5. Ambition -I am done with the days of taking care of a woman who isn’t doing anything with herself who just wants to live her life through me both financially and physically. I am not the insecure type. I have no problem with a woman having her own life and in fact I encourage it. I am very generous so I’m not saying this to be a cheapskate but you have to at least be trying to better yourself in life. I’m not some guy from the fifties wearing a cape and truth be told it’s hard for me to respect someone who doesn’t have enough pride to pursue some type of career goals.
6. Respect - This should probably be higher on the list but I absolutely refuse to be with a disrespectful woman. In this day and age there are far too many woman who simply are disrespectful to guys who are genuinely nice and respectful towards them. I am very peaceful and try to avoid drama in my life so why would I want it at home. There is nothing I despise more than loud mouth females that try to turn a simple disagreement into a battle. You have to be mature enough to accept that we won’t always agree and to be able to disagree in a respectful fashion and tone. I really don’t think this is too much to ask but I have dealt with way too many women who want nothing more than for me to argue, fuss, and fight with them. If that’s your M.O. I’ll pass simple as that.
7. Class - This should be higher on my list as well but a woman must always carry herself as a woman with class and pride. This includes the way she takes care of her house, children, etc. She has to be someone that I can take in any setting and not be embarrassed as well as being a clean person and maintaining good hygiene. My order might be a little out of wack but these are my things that I look for in a Mrs West Wood.
West Wood is a entrepreneur, film maker and hip hop artist.